- I can consistently perform at a professional level with confidence, proficiency and excellent technical ability.
- I can give a completely engaging performance and communicate a sense of performance energy to give a professional appearance.
- I can perform with excellent musicality and a sensitive interpretation of the music.
- I can plan ana effective performance showing clear leadership.
- I can communicate a theme, mood and style through sensitive interpretation to show the artistic intentions.
- I can work collaboratively with a team and also take a leadership role to contribute a variety of interesting and imaginative ideas.
- I can create highly complex motifs, making the dance a sensitive and highly skilful performance demonstrating unity and coherence.
- I can constantly improvise and create original movement using a range of different stimuli.
- I can demonstrate the stimulus of the piece with a highly sensitive and multi-layered communication of the mood and theme of the piece.
- I can show a highly effective use of choreographic devices demonstrating a varied and in depth knowledge of a wide range of complex devices.
- I can choose and use appropriate music that works with the structure and theme of the dance, and use musicality skills to enhance the mood and atmosphere of the piece.
- I can successfully link and integrate motifs in an inspired, creative and original manner using smooth, clear and innovative transitions.
- I can effectively describe and explain different features of a dance and link them to the theme/stimulus.
- I can evaluate my own and others work showing I understand the effect of the quality and originality of the performance and the impact it has on the dance.
- I can compare and contrast my own work to the work of others and explain where the differences are and use this information to develop my work further.
- I can reach judgements independently about how work can be improved, prioritising aspects for future development.
- I can analyse professional dance works and explain and interpret different features of performance and production.
- I can perform with an entirely accurate execution of action, space and dynamic elements.
- I can perform with confidence demonstrating a high level of technical accuracy and maintain a high quality of performance with the individual flair.
- I can take on different roles within a dance task and show an ability to organise, work as a team and communicate effectively.
- I can perform with excellent sensitivity to the style and the mood of the original piece.
- I can work independently to find imaginative, sophisticated, creative and original ideas.
- I can draw upon what I know of different choreographic strategies and use them with expertise, style and originality in my own work and others work.
- I can adapt and combine my ideas accurately according to the demands of the choreography.
- I can create dances that have unity and are well structured with very effective choreographic devices.
- I can evaluate my own and others work providing critical feedback and suggest ways to improve commenting on the quality and effectiveness of the performance.
- I can critically analyse and evaluate dances with references to skills, techniques and artistic intention.
- I can understand and use appropriate dance terminology effectively.
- I can perform complex dances using a wide range of technical skills including posture, alignment, flexibility and extension.
- I can perform with dynamic quality and clear communication of the theme/stimulus, whilst giving my own sense of style and originality.
- I can create imaginative ideas within a group and on my own.
- I can select and combine choreographic skills, techniques and devices, using them in a suitable way to show a theme/stimulus/style creating original choreography.
- I can use imaginative ways to solve problems and overcome challenges and use choreographic devices consistently when leading or working collaboratively in a group.
- I can evaluate feedback to refine my performance independently offering suggestions.
- I can interpret and evaluate dances with an understanding of style, context and meaning.
- I can then apply knowledge and technique to improve my dances.
- I can consistently perform dance movements with accuracy, confidence and imagination.
- I can perform with focus, expression, fluency and clarity.
- I can perform with a clear connection to the music, performing to the beats and rhythms of the music.
- I can use basic principles of choreography, including creating, repeating and developing motifs to make the dance more interesting.
- I can select and apply a wide range of skills and compositional ideas with ease without being prompted.
- I can use a good range of action, space, dynamics and relationships to show a dance theme of stimulus.
- I can integrate developed motifs together to create smooth links and transitions.
- I can comment on skills and techniques used in work, suggesting ways to improve.
- I can analyse and act upon peer and self-assessment to refine and retune my performance independently.
- I can watch professional dance works and describe features of performance and production.
- I can consistently perform technical phrases with accuracy, clarity and confidence.
- I can plan, organise and lead different dance tasks safely, helping others to improve their performance.
- I can perform in a range of different dance styles and themes.
- I can perform using accuracy (of action and space), timing and spatial awareness.
- I can work closely with a team and contribute a range of ideas.
- I can select and apply a range of action, space, dynamics and relationship to create a motif and show a theme/stimulus.
- I can select and combine different compositional ideas and apply them accurately and appropriately.
- I can adapt my choreography and add in and take away elements to make it better.
- I can communicate the dance idea in a literal manner.
- I can use choreographic devices and draw upon my knowledge to produce an effective outcome.
- I can demonstrate some choreographic methods in a structured form.
- I can describe how action, space dynamics and relationships are used to show a stimulus.
- I can describe strengths and weaknesses in my own and others work and suggest ways to improve these areas.
- I can compare my own work to others and understand where I can improve and then apply these changes to develop my work.
- I can use peer and self-assessment to refine skills and techniques to improve performance.
- I can watch professional dance works and identify features of performance and production.
- I can sometimes perform dance technical movements with some precision, control and fluency.
- I can remember and perform short dances with energy and confidence.
- I can show an ability to work with others to plan and participate in tasks and activities for myself and others.
- I can work as part of a team and contribute ideas.
- I can select and link together simple actions to create short dances with a strong starting position and ending position.
- I can select appropriate ideas and movements for the dance theme and stimulus.
- I can develop my work using simple choreographic devices (e.g. Canon, unison, mirroring, direction and levels).
- I can identify and describe strengths and weaknesses in performances.
- I can use technical terms when talking about dance I have seen or participated in.
- I can copy and perform movements with co-ordination and control of the body.
- I can perform in time with the music throughout the performance.
- My gestures can show expression of a chosen theme.
- I can adapt my ideas as I work.
- I can create a dance with a beginning, middle and end.
- I can explore simple movement ideas and link them to create a sequence.
- I can see where my work is similar to and different from others work and use this understanding to improve my performance.
- I can use peer and self-assessment to refine skills and to improve performance with support.
- I can talk about my work using simple dance terminology.
- I can watch professional dance works and identify some basic features of production.
- I can copy, repeat and remember simple dance steps and perform them in a controlled manner.
- I can perform in time with the music throughout some of the performance.
- I can work with others.
- I can demonstrate a specific mood in my performance.
- I can select and apply simple dance actions to create a short sequence.
- I can vary my dance using some speed and directional changes.
- I can use gestures to show the mood and theme of the piece.
- I can develop my motif by using repetition.
- I can recognise when my own and others work can be improved.
- I can talk about the differences between my own and others performance using basic dance vocabularly.
- I can watch professional dance works and give my opinion.
- I can show the ability to work in a team.
- I can choose basic actions.
- I can watch dances and give my opinion.
- I can comment on my own and others actions.
- I can use gestures of the arms and legs.
- I can suggest some basic actions when choreographing with others.
- I can watch dances and give a simple opinion.
- I can comment on my own actions.
- I can use basic gestures of the arms or legs.
- I contribute very few ideas in group choreography tasks.
- I can watch dances and provide one word opinions.
- I can make brief comments on my own actions.
- I can clap my hands or tap my feet.
- I contribute no ideas in choreography tasks.
- I cannot watch dances and provide an opinion.
- I can make no comment on my own actions or the actions of others.