Why Study French?
- Studying this course will build upon any existing language skills to develop a more detailed understanding of French language and culture.
- You will gain a wider appreciation of cultural aspects of the country
- You will enhance your language skills.
- As a competent linguist you will be in great demand in the job market
To gain a clear advantage when applying to University for any kind of course
What will I study?
- Language skills that will enable you to survive on your own for a short time.
- Skills enabling you to cope in everyday situations.
- A number of themes including Media, Youth Culture and Employment.
We will focus on topics from a French perspective, studying aspects of French culture, including:
- French film(s)
- Famous French people (singers, sports people, celebrities)
- French poetry
How will I be assessed?
For GCSE, assessment is a mixture of examinations (40%) and controlled assessment (60%).
You will be assessed on the four language skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Those who have already sat GCSE French will re-sit all coursework and exam elements unless they have already achieved an A*.